Sunday, February 22, 2015

Are you there for me?

Are you there for me, connected
in that unseen world of caring,
where love flings light but
powerful threads, out into the

unknown? Are you there for me,
even when you are far away,
and distance divides us, time
separates and flesh is denied

your presence? Are you there
for me, even when we do not
speak, for months at a time,
and yet, my heart holds you

close and tender? Are you
there for me, even when we
disagree, and the bonds
stretch tightly in anger and

in grieving? Are you there
for me, even when we no
longer understand each
other, or have forgotten

what we had? Are you there
for me, when life sets you
adrift, on a new journey, to
unknown lands where I can

never follow? I do not know
the answers to those questions
and can only say, in silence,
I am always there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment