Sunday, February 2, 2014

Indiscretion

The word did haunt the halls of heart-
indiscretion.
It echoed hollow through the rooms of mind-
indiscretion.
And yet demanded it would be a part -
indiscretion.
Held the hand of hope for love to find -
indiscretion.
Knew that fear would hold but never last-
indiscretion.
Abandonment had taken hold of time-
indiscretion.


And second try:

REPEAT

Does life repeat the lessons,
the ones that we have missed,
reminding Self that yet again,
it needs to be expressed?

Does life repeat the lessons,
to teach us who we are,
reminding Soul that yet again,
our fate is drawing far?

Does life repeat the lessons,
because we did not learn,
and mastering is what we need;
for which our heart does yearn?

Does life repeat the lessons,
because it is the way,
that we can keep on growing;
our destiny is made.

http://dversepoets.com/2014/02/01/poetics-repeat-performance-first-time-through/#comment-55887


6 comments:

  1. I love both of these! Rhyming works nicely with the repetition as you provide insight to those wondering

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life has some sour memories and some sweet ones, and we have to flow along...............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i doubt that we learn by mistakes... for me mistakes have a tendency to repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely what the second poem was about. Well, I must be fortunate, I always learn from mistakes and in fact many years made the decision to do so. I may not learn as much as I should, but I always learn something.

      Delete
  4. Both are super interesting, well-crafted poems--and so fitting to the prompt-- thank you. They work very well as a pair too. K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the second poem-- I have only ever learned by mistakes, little tests that one must pass. There are times when a lesson comes around, again, later, to ensure I've learned my lesson well. Great use of the repetitious theme! ~peace, Jason

    ReplyDelete