Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Before and After

Within the moment grasping,
time held proffered hand,
to Then in shadowed grieving;
creation brought to plan.
In cosmic co-creation,
it all revolved through mind,
before and after wedded;
their fate so clear defined.
The seed in settled earthing,
will carry in its soul,
the tree in broken barreness;
the death in life's firm hold.
Each breath is a beginning,
and yet is barely born,
before it is released;
the past to future called.
In holographic weaving,
this world is brought to form,
where all remains eternal;
where Now is all God knows.



You can write about that moment, or the whole, or concentrate more on the after. Start by listing as many befores and afters as you can think of -- yes, all life is a before and after, but put that into words.

http://margoroby.wordpress.com/2013/01/22/tuesday-tryouts-before-after/#respond

9 comments:

  1. Hello, oh speedy one.

    Clever. Your brain just thinks a poem out like that? With that complexity of thought? Aiee! That's a conversation we've had before, but it still stuns me.

    Going back up to reread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margo but it's all a bit simple in terms of rhyme and construct and I know that. However, I do think this way all the time - permanent pondering on life and all of its complexities.

      Delete
  2. Well written, well crafted. I think this way all of the time myself. (People ask.) I recently published my first poetry book, Weeds. I hope you will check it out. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful exposition of life's big puzzle. I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful exposition of life's big puzzle. I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rhyme may be simple to you. The circularity of it works pretty sweetly with the logic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! You touched on a point that I brought...the "now" in such a mind expanding way!! I love this:

    "will carry in its soul,
    the tree in broken barreness;
    the death in life's firm hold."

    Powerful poem, Rosyln! :)

    ReplyDelete