Saturday, September 15, 2012

I looked upon your sleeping face

I looked upon your sleeping face in night,
lit light by moon sighs warmly near,
contours of the face I loved so dear,
which day would have returning, as image newly bright.
It was as if the angels, holding lamps up high,
showed yet again, the truth your heart did bring,
that I could see in blackness, clear yet dim,
love so deep, it brought my soul's eternal sigh.
Your form held certain shape, upon the bed of darkness,
and yet the shadows told of deeper grace,
and whispered that our bond would forever hold its place,
so even as flesh withered, love would smile no less.
Light did fade at last, in gentled, artful pace,
but left behind a flame of hope; eternity's  caress.


http://dversepoets.com/2012/09/13/formforall-basic-sonnet-forms/

No comments:

Post a Comment