Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Creation

There was a place of birthing,
beyond creation's lip,
where angels knitted quietly,
the shape of what is me.
In smiling clicks and sombre clacks,
time's needles gathered yarn,
and chose the place of holding;
brought forth a pattern firm.
I waited on the edge of life,
until the shape was cast,
and called me forth to beingness;
the thread of love held fast.
And in the deep forgetting,
they wrote upon heart's palm,
the truth of my remembering;
the Soul's eternal plan. 

6 comments:

  1. Charming poem, and a wonderful idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "needles gathered yarn,
    and chose the place of holding;
    brought forth a pattern firm.
    I waited on the edge of life,
    until the shape was cast,"


    Love the metaphor!!! Just gorgeous writing, Rosyln!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely, but I had to laugh at the picture of a group of angels sitting around chatting and knitting you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margo. It was of course sourced in the Norns who 'knit' everything and all of us.

      Delete